What To Do If You've Been Injured By A Drunk Driver In Florida


Most people assume that if they're injured by a drunk driver, they can sue for damages. But Florida is considered a no-fault state, meaning getting compensation from the person at fault might be a little challenging. This doesn't mean your medical bills won't get paid or that you can't be awarded for pain and suffering. What it does mean is that you'll have to take a few extra steps and meet certain criteria.

16 February 2017

Understanding A Few Things About Defective Products And Your Child


If you have recently purchased your young child a toy and he or she has somehow become injured by the toy, then you may be able to sue the manufacturer of the device. The type of professional you should speak to about the product is called a defective product lawyer. Before you start gearing up to meet with a legal expert in your area, you should make sure that you actually have a claim.

28 September 2016

What Are The Three Elements Of A Wrongful Death Claim?


If your family member passed away and you believe that his or her death occurred due to someone else's intentional acts or carelessness, then you might be able to file a wrongful death suit against the responsible party. However, the process of filing a wrongful death suit can be long and complicated. Before you pursue this route, you'll want to make sure you have a legitimate claim. Here's a look at the four elements a case must have in order to be considered a valid wrongful death claim.

11 March 2016

How To Use The Tax Intercept Program To Collect Back Child Support


When the court orders your ex to pay you child support, he or she is legally obligated to make these payments. Unfortunately, many parents fail to make their child support payments, and this often leaves the custodial parents with financial hardships. If you are struggling because your ex is not paying you the support you are entitled to, you should consult an attorney specializing in family law. One of the options the lawyer may suggest is going after your ex-spouse's tax refund check.

12 August 2015

Determining Who Gets The Cryogenically Frozen Kids In A Divorce


Advances in assisted reproductive technology have made it possible for people who were previously unable to have children to start families using in-vitro fertilization (IVF). The process, however, often results in the formation of more embryos than is needed or wanted. While this usually isn't a problem for couples while they are married, it becomes a serious issue when spouses separate. If you and your spouse are divorcing, here's what you need to know about assigning custody of leftover embryos.

27 February 2015